BE A FRIEND OF THE FORESTHui o Laka is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization that umbrellas the Kōkeʻe Natural History Museum and the Historic Kōkeʻe Civilian Conservation Corps camp. Hui o Laka is supported by earned income from the Museum’s shop and admission donations, camp stays, funds from private and public sources and most importantly through membership and donations. Cash and in-kind contributions support our existing programs and projects. Donations of all kinds are tax deductible. Please confer with your tax advisor to take advantage of this opportunity to the fullest extent allowed by law. We also encourage you to contribute to celebrate people in your ʻohana and ours that are nature lovers and supporters of Hui o Laka. We offer listing in our newsletter of gifts made in their name. If you have any questions regarding membership and need to update your membership information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
BECOME A MEMBER OF HUI O LAKA!Membership is one way for you to support Hui o Laka from anywhere! We have members from as far as Switzerland and Spain. Please consider becoming a member today! Your commitment to membership and generous support enables us to:
- Renovate and update our museum exhibits.
- Mālama native plants on our interpretive Nature Trail.
- Continue to preserve and operate the historic Civilian Conservation Corps Camp as a rustic retreat.
- Underwrite our award-winning Kōkua Kōkeʻe volunteer program.
- Maintain our flagship, Kōkeʻe Natural History Museum, celebrating its 70th anniversary in 2023.
As a member you will receive:
- Access to member newsletter, delivered by mail or electronically!
- 10% off at our shop and stays at the CCC Camp.
- Discounted prices for workshops and other activities sponsored by Hui o Laka
- Invitation to the annual membership meeting.
Our basic membership levels:
$12 Maile – Student (up to 18 years with valid school ID)
$25 Mokihana – Individual (two membership cards)
$50 Hapuʻu – Family
$75 ʻŌhiʻa – Sustaining
For our patronsIn addition to the preceding benefits you also receive your name featured on the donor page of our newsletter.
$100 Koa – Protecting
$250 ʻIliʻahi – Restoring
$500 Kauila – Abiding Strength
$1000 Lama – Enlightenment